Using Genesys websites
Limited Authorization to Access and Use the Site
You may download, view, copy, or print information and documents published by Genesys on the Site (the “Information”) only for private use or for non-commercial use within your organization, or if you are a Genesys Partner, your or your customer’s organization, and solely for the purpose of supporting Genesys products and services. The Information may not be altered or modified in any way. You agree that any download, copy, print, or use of the Information by you will retain all copyright and other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as in the original. No other use of the Information is authorized without prior written authorization from Genesys. For the sake of clarity, “Information” does not include the design or layout of the Site, in whole or in part, or trademarks and service marks displayed on the Site.
Use of Software
Any software that could be made available to download within the Site (the “Software”) is the copyrighted work of Genesys or its suppliers. Your use of the Software is subject to the terms of the software license agreement (the “License Agreement”) that accompanies or is included with the Software, service orders, and other terms and conditions that apply. You must read the License Agreement and confirm your agreement to its terms and conditions prior to installing or using the Software.
Genesys may provide Online Communities and services related to those Online Communities such as forums, blogs, discussion groups, chat areas, newsgroups, or other messaging or communication functions. Genesys is not obligated to provide any technical support for the Online Communities. To the extent technically allowed by the Site, you agree to use the Online Communities only to upload, post, send, and receive messages (including feedback and suggestion), files, documents, graphics, images, and other content or materials (collectively the “Content”) that are related to the scope of the Online Community.
You will use the Online Communities exclusively in a non-commercial manner. While Genesys employees may provide information related to Genesys products and services in the Online Communities, the employees are not an official customer support channel, and any opinions expressed by them in the Online Communities are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Genesys. Genesys does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or truthfulness of any Content or communications in the Online Communities. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to Content that might be harmful, offensive, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, Content that has been mislabeled or is otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will Genesys be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available by or through the Site.
Prohibited User Conduct
While using the Site, including services and features offered on or through the Site, you will not in whatever manner or form, directly or indirectly:
- Use the Site or any Online Community in connection with, or for the purpose of, surveys, contests, solicitation of funds, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages;
- Upload Content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, corrupted files or any other equivalent software or programs that may damage the operation of the Site (or any part of it) or another’s (including Genesys’s) computer or property;
- Defame, abuse, harass, invade, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of other users;
- Restrict or inhibit another user from using and enjoying the Site or any Online Community;
- Transmit or facilitate the transmission, distribution or dissemination of any Content which is false or misleading; promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual; or is obscene or indecent;
- Infringe another’s rights such as, but not limited to, intellectual property rights;
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information including material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to part of the Site, another’s user account, computer systems, or networks connected to a Genesys server;
- Attempt to damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or a Genesys server or any network connected to a Genesys server;
- Download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be lawfully reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses or other personal information;
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others; or
- Violate any applicable laws, regulations, or codes of conduct.
Right to Monitor and Remove Submissions
Genesys reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the Online Communities, and Genesys reserves the right to review any Content uploaded, posted, or sent, and to remove any Content in Genesys’s sole discretion.
Genesys does not claim title to or ownership of the Content. However, by uploading, posting, sending or otherwise transmitting any Content to any part of the Site, including the Online Communities, or submitting any Content to Genesys:
- You grant Genesys and any sublicensees elected by Genesys a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, copy, reproduce, publicly display or perform, modify, adapt and/or reformat, translate, publish, transmit and distribute such Content (or any part of it) in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed with the right to sublicense any or all of such rights;
- At Genesys’s or sublicensees’ option, you agree to have your name published in connection with your Content or you agree to waive such right;
- You warrant and represent that you own, control or have all the necessary rights to the Content including, but not limited to, the rights necessary to upload, post, send or otherwise transmit the Content and to grant licenses and sublicenses such as those set forth above; and
Third-Party Websites, Content, and Services
Genesys may make available a link to a third party’s website. The linked sites are not under the control of Genesys, and Genesys is not responsible for the products, services, information, contents, or any form of transmission which may be provided by or through any linked site, any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites, even if owned by affiliates of Genesys. Genesys provides such links only as a convenience and does not endorse such linked site or its use or content. Any reliance on the contents of a third-party site is done at your own risk, and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
Restricted Rights Legend
Use, copy, or disclosure by the government of the United States is subject to the restrictions set forth in the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) § 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and the Commercial Computer Software License at 48 C.F.R. § 52.227-19.
Export Control Restrictions
Any and all the Information (including the Software and Content) provided on the Site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranties regarding workmanlike efforts, lack of negligence or non-infringement.
Genesys makes no warranty that the Software, Information, Content, results, or materials that may be obtained from the use of the Site or any tools or services available or offered through the Site will be accurate or reliable; or the quality of any products or services described in the Site will meet your expectations.
The content of the Site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Genesys does not warrant that the electronic functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the information available through the Site. Genesys does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any Content on the Site, or for any offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful or infringing Content made thereon by anyone other than an authorized representative of Genesys acting in his or her official capacity.
In the future, changes may be added to the information herein but there will be no duty to update the Site. Genesys may make improvements or changes in the products or programs described on the Site at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Genesys nor any of its directors, officers, employees, or other representatives will be held liable for errors contained herein, or for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, loss of data, loss of profits or revenues, loss of business, loss of reputation, or any economic loss arising out of, or in connection with the furnishing, the access, or use, or inability to use the Site, or reliance on any of the information provided or materials contained in the Site even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Genesys nor any of its directors, officers, employees, or other representatives be held liable for or in connection with any Content posted, transmitted, exchanged or received by or on behalf of any user or other person on or through the Site.
You and your organization agree to defend, indemnify and hold Genesys, its directors, officers, employees, or representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable attorney fees), losses or liabilities arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Site, including the Online Communities. Genesys reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Genesys will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyrighted infringement (the “Notification”) must be submitted in writing to the following Designated Agent for the Site:
Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc.
Attn. Chief Patent and Intellectual Property Counsel
Attn: Margaret Baumgartner, DMCA Designated Agent
7601 Interactive Way
Indianapolis, IN 46278
United States of America
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Chief Patent and Intellectual Property Counsel, DMCA Designated Agent
To be effective, the written Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Service Provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be connected;
- A statement that the complaining party has good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
As between Genesys and you, Genesys owns and reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, the Information, and the Content, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein.
Intellectual Property Notices
Genesys and the Genesys logo are trademarks and service marks of Genesys US and may not be used, in whole or in part, in any manner without Genesys US’s prior written permission. All other trademarks are owned by their respective owners.
Any product, process or technology described in the Site may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by Genesys US. Unless otherwise expressly authorized in the Site, no right to use any such intellectual property rights is granted hereunder.
Last Update: May 4, 2018